Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2012

More Ok Go

In a previous post, I shared a music video by the band Ok Go. They now have a new music video (see above). The video is pretty cool, actually very cool and worth watching a couple of times. It is also worth going to www.caranddriver.com to learn about the making of the video. Why am I including the video in my blog? Well, for me showing these videos in the computer lab with the classes I teach is a great and easy way to integrate technology into what we do and show kids the variety of things that are available on the net. What was especially satisfying for me yesterday was when I brought my Grade 4/5 class to the lab and said, " I'm really excited, I have a surprise for you!" and one of the students said, "I know what it is, "Ok Go" has a new video." At first I was a little disappointed that he had burst my bubble, but then I realized that he was excited about something I had shown him in the lab, something that he may not have been aware of before. Once we watched the video, the kids commented about how it compared to the band's other videos, and I had them do some writing about that (see Division 3 folder). Their opinions are still developing, but I appreciate how they are trying to think critically and make comparisons. I hope to do the same thing today with my Grade 3/4 group. Look for their writing in the Division 4 folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment